At the last Magic Media Crew event we learnt about Vlogging and how to make a clear and professional looking video. The media crew members had a go at interviewing each other, directing short scenes and filming one and other. We also discussed the importance of self-confidence and being proud of who you are and what you do.
Here are some comments which MMC members are proud or thankful for:
“Being a caring person”
“Having my whole family around me, who love me”
“I’m thankful that I have a good education!”
“I’m proud that I am a carer”
“Getting good achievements at school”
“Having such great support”
The group also discussed the importance of staying safe online – here are some top tips!
- Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number
- Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
- Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
- Never give out your passwords
- Don’t befriend people you don’t know
- Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parents about people suggesting you do
- Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
- Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
- Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
- If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.